GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Instructional Articles (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Clutch Adjustment (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3203)

SuziQ07 05-09-2010 08:05 PM

Clutch Adjustment

Hello All,
I noticed that the clutch engages with the lever about 2/3 of the way out. Does anyone know if there is an internal clutch adjustment for release point, or it is just cable free play adjustment only?? :??:

blaine 05-09-2010 08:15 PM

Re: Clutch Adjustment

Clutch engaging at 2/3 way out is about normal. Cable adjustment free play should be 14mm or 9/16. Free play adjustment only.

Easy Rider 05-09-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaine
Clutch engaging at 2/3 way out is about normal. Cable adjustment free play should be 14mm or 9/16. Free play adjustment only.

Be careful quoting that figure. It is measured at the END of the lever.....NOT at the pivot point.
The free play at the pinch point by the pivot is more like 3 mm......or about the thickness of a nickel.

blaine 05-09-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:

Be careful quoting that figure. It is measured at the END of the lever.....NOT at the pivot point.
The free play at the pinch point by the pivot is more like 3 mm......or about the thickness of a nickel.

That is correct.I should have been more specific.Thanks for clarifying. :2tup: :rawk:

Easy Rider 05-10-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

That is correct.I should have been more specific.Thanks for clarifying.

I wouldn't have believed it until I heard it but some folks have actually tried to get a 9/16 play at the pivot point.......and then wondered why it wouldn't work!!! :roll:

Water Warrior 2 05-10-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:

I wouldn't have believed it until I heard it but some folks have actually tried to get a 9/16 play at the pivot point.......and then wondered why it wouldn't work!!! :roll:

That would be the folks from the short bus.

blaine 05-10-2010 08:01 PM

[quote=Water Warrior]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "Easy Rider":15tuv2jt
Quote:

That would be the folks from the short bus.[/quote:15tuv2jt]

Thats why I didn't bother explaning.