View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Bill

Funny comments you hear

My wife and I have been riding around northeast Florida looking for a piece of property to (eventually) build on for a retirement home so our motorcycles provide a nice way to travel. This weekend we stopped in a sales office for a very nice development just out of curiosity because we knew the properties were way over our budget. As I was talking to the sales rep in my riding clothes I heard someone say, "Are we under a national alert?". I turned around to see a nicely dressed middle aged couple standing at the door with a smile on their faces. "I saw a motorcycle out front with a Department of Defense sticker on the front fork and just wanted to make sure we in a safe location just in case."

My wife is retired reserves and I recently registered the motorcycle to get on base so I don't always have to use the car. After that he complimented us on the nice bikes and we talked for a few minutes before we had to leave.

When there are enough folks that either look down on motorcycle riders or are afraid because of the negative image it is a pleasant experience to be met with a smile and a friendly greeting.

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads