View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
Jenny

Re: Getting Comfortable At Speeds

"jer,when i started riding last summer i remember thinking i would never be able to return a wave because it meant turning loose of the handlebars.now i can relax and wave as needed.it really does get easier just don't let it get so easy you get over confident. the gz250 is a very forgiving bike,but the pavement isn't. enjoy and ride safe[/quote]"

Um, I felt that way only a week ago! I just started going on higher speed roads, and I am thrilled beyond belief. This will probably sound odd, but I feel more comfortable than when I'm in the residential sections going 25 mph with cars and bikes and kids constantly ready to jump out and nail me. I am still watching vigilantly, but I feel more in control. Of course, when it gets very twisty and I am expected to go 55, I start to get nervous; after all, it's only been four days since my first go at 55 mph!

I did have to re-learn how to return a wave. I had done it at lower speeds, but at these higher speeds, I had a hard time keeping my hand from flying backwards. Turns out that you need to wave "sideways" so that your hand doesn't work like a sail :-)

Login or Register to Remove Ads