View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
Easy Rider

Re: Corona Motorsports and... I push started the bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
#1) I had to push start the bike.
Wow! Good show.

Couple of tips for future reference.....and others reading: It is better to bump start in 2nd, as it might slide the rear wheel in 1st (what with all the high comperssion of all those cylinders).
One should never attempt a bump start without having your butt ON the seat, at least side-saddle. Othewise you and the bike might become seperated......until you meet again on the ground. :shocked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Guy in the service department at CMS told me I probably ran the battery down from taking too many short rides (very plausible.) I was able to battery start it twice at the destination, so maybe I'm out of the woods.
If you have a battery charger, NOW would be a good time to exercise it. If you don't have one, NOW would be a good time to get one. Experience tells me that once you completely discharge the battery on a GZ, it might take a LONG time (never) to get it back to full charge without some external help.

AND FINALLY:
That last poistion on the switch is called PARK. The original intent, as stated in the owner's manual (RTFM) I think, is for use if you park it on the shoulder of a lonely road at night. I think it's pretty stupid........as is the fork lock on a bike that light.