View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #14
alanmcorcoran

Re: Corona Motorsports and... I push started the bike!

To Patrick (who has no wife to tell him these things [lucky bastard (too bad he'll die young)]) You're welcome, again.

To Easy: I think you were the unknown poster (so thanks man), and, even though I forget my own phone number, for some reason all of your instructions stuck right in the grey matter. I duck walked (jogged?) it with my ass firmly in saddle. It really wasn't that hard. Hell of a lot easier than push starting a car (which can get away from you as well!) I also think use of so-called "clutch control" (in my day we called it slipping the clutch, but what the eff do I know) was the key. You just ease it gently past the friction point, just like you might do if you are trying to start up in second. Trust me, if a girly man like me can do it, anyone can. And, oh boy, do I agree that the "leaving just the rear lights on" setting is stupid.

To Music: Isn't nice to have a wife that is worried about your motorcycle! Damn straight. I bet you a lot of other married dudes on this site are pretty GD jealous of us right now. My wife made me go ride mine to make sure the battery wasn't dead. That's love. Might have to write a country western song about it. She's still busting my balls about it a little. Quite proud she solved the Mystery of the Dead Battery On the Overpriced Toy My Husband Way Overpaid For.