View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
RichInFla

Re: Easy push start for the GZ250

Well, I can tell you that I managed to push start in 1st. After 2 weeks at the shop waiting for tires, it started when I picked it up, but the mechanic said he was like "come on" when starting it to drive it out. At a light, I managed to stall (of course, newbie thing). Pressing the "start" button did nothing. I did manage to get into a left turn lane and "ran" the bike left before the arrow turned yellow (not bad for over 40 !!). I then proceeded to run down the side street with it in 1st, popped the clutch, and it started (took me two times though).

At first, I was thinking, oh crap, gotta get my neighbor out here with his ramp and truck to tote me back home, but after the second time when it fired, I was like, "woo hoo, I'm outta here". Needless to say I charged the batttery, but I learned...."push starting is a beautiful thing !!

And we don't have hills here on the east coast of Florida. I should have taken video, you all would have gotten a great laugh !!

Luckily, I learned about the tailight thing when I put her in the garage a couple days ago and the taillight was still on. Kind of looked down at the key and said, okay idiot, it's on "parking". Moved the key back to lock and the light went off. duh...