View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 01:42 AM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Re: Beware of Gravel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigginton
Well, after putting 1400 miles on my GZ I managed to drop it at the end of downhill paved driveway. Stopped to enter the highway, and the driveway had some accumulated gravel at the end of it next to the highway. My front wheel must have locked up in the gravel and down she went. I never saw it coming. Luckily I had no damage to anything other than my pride. I did a quick look around to see if anyone saw me fall, picked it up and got out of there. My footpeg, saddlebag and windshield took all the fall, along with my ankle...

Just wanted to let others know to watch out for that gravel. :??:
Glad to hear you didn't get bit too hard. Don't use the front brake for your final few feet of coming to a stop. Use the rear brake and only put your left foot down. This is the proper and safest way to stop. Practice this and soon it will be automatic at every stop. It also allows the smoothest stops with no front end bounce or wobble. I always enjoyed the power of a front brake and relied on it almost exclusively. 50 years after my first ride on a bike I finally got it right.

Login or Register to Remove Ads