Thread: TU 250
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #20
prof_stack

Re: TU 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
No offense, I loved my Gz as much as the next guy, but honestly, this TU250 is what the Gz should have been. I say bring it on.
+1

When I was between bikes, I was looking for something like the TU250. The GZ250 doesn't work for me with the pegs forward. I like how it looks, but the TU250 is what I would want to put some miles upon. Fuel injection, too. Finally....

A new Royal Enfield Electra almost roped me in until I got up close and personal. Oil leaking from the head, POOR metal finishing on the motor, POOR paint finishing, and oil on the seat (lousy setup I guess). Plus many glitches pop up all too often, according to posts on the CMW website.

I ended up with a killer deal on a NOS '07 Moto Guzzi Nevada, sort of a cruiser/standard mix, and really love the thing. 56mpg with more power than I need. But it sure has a nice pulse to it. I looked at the S40 Savage but all were sold at the dealer when the gas price hikes started.

Ultimately I will test ride the TU250 and possibly add it to the garage as the in-city vehicle of choice. Yeah, there's some old-school nostalgia working here, too.