Thread: Thread Header
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
alanmcorcoran

Re: Thread Header

Yes, the screenshot of yours appears to not exhibit the funkiness I see on mine.

At least one other person reported seeing the same thing as mine. Since I am in the minority and the problem seems to be mostly limited to me, I wouldn't worry about it. You should know that my philosophy about screwing around with the bike extends to my lappie as well: I run a straight up version of Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP3, fully patched to the latest and (supposedly) greatest and IE7 7.0.5730.11 also on Auto Update.

I run a lot of Microsoft apps, and a lot of apps in general, but this machine is relatively new (think I got it in May) and I didn't transfer over or re-install a lot of the more esoteric stuff I had on its predecessor.

However, it's possible my machine is substituting some other font that does not use the same screen font as yours, perhaps generating the outline on the fly instead of using bitmaps or something. I think the style it is using is "Title" but I didn't research that part very carefully.

Another possibility is that this font doesn't have a natural size for 1280 x 800 and you guys are running a higher or lower resolution. I have a smallish lappie and setting the resolution higher or lower has other consequences I don't want to deal with.

Being in the business of providing web based software, I am aware there can be a lot of factors that affect color, size and appearance of pages. It's just a little weird that it's only this one font. There's a lot of different fonts on this site and the rest all render normally.

Login or Register to Remove Ads