View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
alanmcorcoran

Re: which Wind Shield is good

I haven't noticed an "increase" per se. I would say overall there is less noise, but it is different noise. I think you can actually hear the engine a lot more clearer. My shield does an excellent job of reducing the cold. I am 5' 11". There are two schools of thought on here regarding height. I will call it the Sarris School (17") and the Easy School. (21"?) Easy seemed to like Moe's (19"? not sure, even though that's the one I bought.) The taller it is, the more wind it's going to push, and it may slow you down.

Other considerations I think are important: Do you wear a full helmet with a faceshield? Do you wear an armored or heavy leather jacket? Is your jacket lined? Do you wear heavy gloves? All of these reduce the need for a windshield a little. (I have all of them, and, except for the lining, wear them in all temperatures. If you have a half helmet, ride bare handed and wear a t-shirt, I think you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of the windshield.

One last thing: this is purely a personal thing, but I think I prefer the look and feel, wind and all, of riding without one. Still too soon to decide, but it's a big factor.