View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 AM   #23
alanmcorcoran

Re: 48 States in search of Home

Personally, I think one is better equipped to undertake a tough, risky adventure when one is young than later on. When I was 18-23 I was considerably more mentally tough than I am now. I also had a lot less to lose. Back then, I had no wife, no kids, no mortgage, no car(s), no employees, and darn few responsibilities. I also didn't have much money, but I didn't need that much. My eyesight was a lot better, my reflexes were better, my memory was better, I was smarter and I could handle a lot more stress. I'm not a basket case at 50, but I ain't in my prime.

I am a college graduate (Ivy Leaguer!) and I know how to spell, but I often write in a hurry on here, and my typing skills and eyesight are such that I have to go back and edit my posts after I read them. Lots of mistakes. Plus, I did not learn much in college other than how to graduate from college. College can be very beneficial for some jobs, but some of my best sales people never went and are my biggest producers.

When are you leaving deadman? Please keep us informed of your travels. I don't think I am alone in envying you - I'd like to do a similar trip myself and hope to do so before I am too decrepit to enjoy it. And if it all goes down the toilet, at least you gave it a shot. If you end up selling your ass, well, then we all owe Chris an apology, so be strong!

Login or Register to Remove Ads