View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
BusyWeb

Re: DIY Turn Signal Sounder (Reminder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_bike
Busy, looking at your circuit it seems like you forgot the little capacitor between the 555's leg 2 and ground that generates the tone, it gets charged via the two resistors above it and discharged via the one resistor above it and leg 7.

In your drawing, there is a connection between 2 and ground....

Please check '555 beeper circuits' on the web and you'll see.
Thanks Mr. 5th_bike!
I might missed when I copy and draw.:oops:
I uploded fixed version of drawings, deleted wrong drawings.... :blush:
I hope this version is OK.
But actual my circuit/device is little bit different from my drawing.
There is additinonal components which checks light strength and triggers beep sounds.
Initially, I intended my device put over turn signal blinker bulb with own bettery and own LED light.
But I found that it is hard to put over blinker because of device size, and changed plan to use bike's bettery power.
Studied service manual, which I downloded from here Thaks for that, and found rear signal lines are good place for this project.
Device can be placed under the seat.....

With some study, I got confidence about GZ electronics little.
And I installed cigarette power outlet from bettery by myself, so I can use my GPS power adapter.
I used positive line for tapping out from rear brake line, so line should go on/off with bike engine/key.
Saving some battery cost. :roll:
Let me draw this one and will post it, someone might needed.

I want to do some more projects with power outlet when I have idea and spare time, might be in this winter time.

To Mr. Badbob....
Sorry for the wrong circuit.
If you have planed for it, please research more about 555 timer sound circuit from internet.
I did researched alot to find appropriate circuit....and learned from it. :blush:
There might be better one out there.

Thanks again for the comments.