View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
music man

Re: Riding for fun and adventure...

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "music man":2kfy5f28
I have ridden a 600 shadow and even though it had WAY more power than my GZ, it was still a little small for ideal conditions on an extended trip
OK, I have to ask: Just exactly what about the 600 causes you to say that?

My guess is that it is more personal preference than any really solid drawbacks......????[/quote:2kfy5f28]

It just felt like if I would have went much farther than the 130 mile trip I took on it, that it would feel like the GZ in the cramped up, sub-par seat department. You also have to realize that I have had three major back surgerys, so it takes a really comfortable ride for me to really notice a big difference. Every time I get off the GZ I walk like I am 100 years old. So Maybe I am a little biased.

So I guess what I am trying to say is, is that the 600 wasn't underpowered for the long haul,(if you need more power than a 600 will give you then you might as well just get you a Hayabusa or some other 200mph crotch rocket and be done with it), just still a little cramped for a really long trip(for me).

Login or Register to Remove Ads