View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
alanmcorcoran

Re: Riding two up...

To be honest, I'm not in any hurry. If she ends up having no interest in it whatsoever, that'll be fine with me. I don't mind having her on the back, but I also enjoy riding by myself. I figured, "get the helmet and the jacket, at least" so if she WAS interested in riding, we'd be ready to go. I have a younger daughter that the jacket and helmet will probably fit, and an older one, that I know is interested in riding the GZ (the older one is 25, is still pursuing her education, and currently does not have private medical insurance, so I have not allowed her to try it. But once she has her financial and insurance affairs in order, I'll be happy to help her get started. One of the reasons I kept the GZ. A great bike to learn on.)

BTW, I rode the GZ in to work today. I'm hoping I can have the discipline to ride the smaller bike when it is more appropriate for the job. It's funny - just a week ago, this was my Big Badass Motorcycle. Now when I get on it, I feel like I should have a rubber nose, white makeup and, perhaps, big floppy shoes. I can't wait until Lynda gets her M50. She is going to LOVE IT!!! And I will bet you she never rides the GZ again.