View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:03 AM   #31
Dirt_McGert

The "popping" is fixed, hasn't done it since I adjusted the idle. Plan on doing some checks/maintenance pretty soon (check the valves, chain, etc)

- Is Quaker State 10w-40 "peak performance" alright to use? It's API "SL", and does NOT have energy conserving/friction modifiers in it. The clutch isn't slipping, so I assume everything is fine and dandy... I've noticed it shifts smoother and easier now with the fresh oil.

One of my buddies let me ride his 2000~ GSX-R 600 around the block a couple times today..... WHOA, HUUUUUGE difference in power and feel. I have no plans to buy a sports bike any time soon (I've always wanted to though, but know that starting out with something that fast can get me killed REAL quick), but eventually after I become confident with riding motorcycles, I may have to own one in a few years. Kind of uncomfortable though... after a few minutes, my hands were sore from leaning forward, but I suppose you get used to it. That's why I love the 250 though - small, light, relaxed feeling, and good for getting around town.

Login or Register to Remove Ads