View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: Full vs three quarter

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "dan_":3hj2jdyz
What's with this law? Can you not wear a full face? Or is this just you rebeling because they make you wear a helmet?
IIRC, he wears "none of the above" most of the time.....as I do for short trips around town.

P.S. Does your brain run in OVERDRIVE all the time ?? :biggrin:[/quote:3hj2jdyz]

Right. I should have stated that i usually do not wear a helmet .. unless its the non DOT german helmet to keep the sun off my face and back of my neck.

The halfie is what i wear in Jersey because i must have a DOT helmet. I only resort to the full face in extreme cold or rain. And really, i have figured out a way to use neoprene mask and knit hat etc .. to keep warmer, so the full face was kinda mute this winter because of that.

---------------------

I must add though, i am STILL floored that PA dropped their helmet law a few years ago. This coming from one of the most aggressive seat belt law abiding states that i know of (besides nazi new jersey). "hey we'll set up seatbelt checkpoints and ticket your ass for not being buckled in ... but have at it on your motorcycle."

Big signs posted everywhere about driving SAFE and being buckled in 'because its our LAW'. While that biker passes you doing 65 with no helmet on lol. What a f'd up message PA sends to people. Don't get me wrong, i DO like to have a choice .. but you cant enforce safety in one vehicle and not another type. If you have a choice to ride w/o a helmet (which crashing would do 1000x more damage to you than being in a car) then you should have a choice to belt up or not without being ticketed $50.

ps to pa - all that ticket money and our roads still have pot holes - maybe thats why we need our seatbelts, so we don't fly out of our seats soaring over those PA craters on the roads. :skeptical:

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook