Thread: Power loss
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
1Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Why are you shimming the slider? Have you already mod'ed the pipes and air cleaner?
That is a "package deal" and the carb mods should NOT be done with stock pipes and air filter.

There is a simple way to check the fuel level in the bowl (and by implication, the float level) without taking the carb. apart........but by now, you probably won't find that useful.
:??: OK, I guess I missed something in my reading. My understanding was that the shim was a recomended mod like the sprocket and I figured it was only a couple bucks for an extra washer so why not. I did not catch that it came after the pipes and filter. I have not meddled with those, they are still stock, so I'll put the brakes on that mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
There is a simple way to check the fuel level in the bowl (and by implication, the float level) without taking the carb. apart........but by now, you probably won't find that useful.
Looks like I'm trying to jump the gun all over the place. I pulled the tank and the checked the screens last night and they looked clean and clear, so I assumed the next step would be to clean the carb. All I have done is buy the new o-ring and carb cleaner, so if there is a way to avoid breaking the carb down for now, I'm all ears. But, being that the hesitation is only happening at 45-60mph would checking the bowl while not moving be effective? There is no hesitation at low speeds.