View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #1

New questions on windshield

Yes, I've seen all, or at least most of, the posts on windshields, but today I finally put my Plexistar 2 on and went for a ride. Placed the shield so the top comes to the bridge of my nose and felt some head buffeting. Here's my question: Isn't that high enough I should not feel any head buffeting, or should I expect some head buffeting no matter what? Wasn't bad buffeting, I think, but I'm not sure; I've never ridden a motorcycle with a shield before. BTW, looks to me like the shield is at the same angle as the forks.

Also, it was a sunny day here, but it seemed harder to see minor details in the road (smaller pot holes, grade variations, cracks, etc.) through the shield. I assume this is glare related. I know I have to decide if I prefer to look over the shield (which would mean a lower placement and more head buffeting) or through the shield (so I'll have to contend with the glare and not seeing those details as well). Is it a question of safety vs. comfort, risk tolerance and all that? Or am I missing something?

Last question, I guess for Alan and Moedad. I know you guys had/have the same windshield as I do (my bike looks almost exactly like Moedad's old bike, just with smaller bags). Does our shield keep the wind off your hands enough to help there (I know you are both in California, but it gets colder there sometimes, too). It seemed to me like it did, but it was 55 degrees and sunny, so maybe that's the reason my hands felt toasty warm?

Thanks,

Keith

Login or Register to Remove Ads