View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
alanmcorcoran

Are any of you guys machinists?

It occurred to me, that, now that Patrick has taken the site to a new level and legitimate users are at an all time high, that it might make sense for one of you more entrepreneurial types to launch a GZ aftermarket bidness. I know quite a few of you like to screw around with the stock stuff and yet there seems to be a constant scrounging for parts/kits. Leaving The Topic That Dare Not Be Mentioned aside (think more hp) some stuff that comes to mind include:

1) a center stand kit.
2) a "perfect" trunk plate, pre drilled to fit the pillion holes as well as several aftermarket trunks. (this should be both easy and cheap for someone with a shop.)
3) Aftermarket lights with perhaps a means of boosting the juice output (this one is probably not possible)
4) Engine guards (Not sure if the Suzi ones are adequate - seems like there is debate on these.)
5) Buzzer kits, add ons for blinker indicators.
6) Single spokes.
7) The World's Bestest GZ seat kit.

Plus you could re-sell popular add-ons (such as the Plexistar windshield, tires, headlight bulbs) that we know fits the GZ well. And buy (or get donated) wrecks for parting out. Sort of a clearing house for fallen GZ's. Could even buy low/sell higher used GZ's as they clearly tend to be owned for a while and then recycled.

Softie? Are you back to work? I might be willing to help with startup funds if anyone thinks the market is big enough. I think that trunk plate is a good place to start, although I am sure a bunch of you will tell me that the ones that come with are fine.)

Some possible names: "Mr. GZ" "Just GZ" "Total GZ" "GZ World" "Easy's GZ's" and..."GeeZee CreeZee"

One concern I have is that anything that costs more than .35 cents might be considered an extravagance. Part of the GZ demographic that might make it tough to do business.

Login or Register to Remove Ads