View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #21
music man

Re: UPDATE - New K&N Filter, Emgo Muffler, and Carburator Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bo
. I am certainly not an expert but I do know enough about carburators to know that if you have a greater quantity of air and gas of going into the cylinder, more power it will produce.

I don't really have an opinion on way or the other about your "mods" but the above statement is not even remotely true, if your engine is tuned for optimal performance with a certain amount of air,fuel, AND back pressure in the exhaust, and you change any one of those things to a less than optimal level, than you are not going to get more performance out of your engine, you are just gonna waste gas, because your engine will not use fuel/air it does not need and it will just go out the tailpipe.

That being said, I am not in any way saying that I don't think you got an increase in performance on your GZ, I am just one of those people that doesn't believe that adding at most 2-3 horses to it is gonna make me use it any better for what I use it for than it is now (and I ride my GZ EVERYWHERE.) And is damn sure not worth the money, IMHO.

Login or Register to Remove Ads