View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #22
dannylightning

Re: Anybody have any experience with the S-40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Thanks Easy, I will press for a test ride before I buy a used bike especially, although I'll admit that I bought my GZ off the internet without ever even sitting on it.
I also noticed the local Kawasaki dealer has an 2008 Vulcan 500 sitting in the window and marked down with a hand written sign indicating they are willing to negotiate the price a little. They had it listed for $5300, but it is a 2008 even if it's never been ridden so I think they'll go lower, and they might even take my GZ as a trade in for part of the down payment. Any thoughts on that?
By the way, thanks for everybody's input, you guys have really helped me sort through a lot of issues and avoid some choices that I think I would have been kicking myself over if you hadn't spoken up!
well here is the deal about a trade, not sure about motorcycle shops but car dealers try to rip you off on trade in's but it cant hurt to try. i read some reviews on yahoo about one of the local motorcycle dealers here and one review said this one dealer will even buy bikes out right and pay a pretty good penny for them. so it cant hurt to take the bike down there and ask. you can always negotiate about the trade in price too. once i traded in a truck and they wanted to give me 500 for it, i told them 1500 was the least i would take and wouldn't buy the new 10k dolor truck unless they gave me at least 1500 and they did. it was old and ready to fall apart and had a big dent in the door. so i was happy with the 1500 trade in.

i would stick the bike up on craigs list ans see how that goes and if you still have it when your ready for the new bike see what the dealer offers. remember first get the trade in price locked in and than negotiate on the new bike price...