View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
burkbuilds

Re: Sold my GZ, bought a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD

I've got about 120 miles on it now, just filled up with gas, 61 mpg around town, no GZ numbers but not bad at all. Man is this thing smooth! The ride is very nice. Hey Easy Rider, I ran some S curves near the house this afternoon (a couple of times) and it handles great! It didn't seem to take any more effort than the GZ did, maybe the fact that I'm a lot heavier than you are makes a little difference there. You moving up 100+ pounds on a bike is a lot "steeper" ratio than me since I probably outweigh you by 40-50 lbs (just guessing) based on info you've posted before. Just guessing on all that, but anyway, I couldn't really tell any difference in the way she handles the curves, and the larger diameter, and higher pressure, front tire seems to take those annoying curbs into parking lots a little easier than my GZ did. The GZ always felt like I was going all the way down to the rim when I crossed a couple of places I go regularly, and I went today on the Vulcan with much better results.

Yes the seat is a lot more comfy than the stock GZ, but I had customized my GZ seat last Summer and it was a better fit for my butt than this one, so I've already ordered some seat foam from Sargents' and talked to the guy that upholstered my GZ for me and this one's going custom as soon as I have time to re-work it to my body specs. Probably late next week or early the following week.