View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 10:39 PM   #14
Badbob

Re: Request For A Gear List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob
I don't know about anyone else but I would be very interested in seeing a list of the items you took with you. A packing list if you will.
Std. tool kit
Seat pad
Rain Suit
Water Bottle
Phone
Money
And for everything else: AAA Motor Club Card

:cool:
I don't know where you ride but I ride some real back roads. I just rode a trip that was about 800 miles round trip where no ones phones worked for maybe 2/3 of the trip. Break down out there and what you have with you is what is going to get you and your bike home. Unless a friendly farmer comes along and saves you. Most phones do not work very far from cities and interstates. No phone equals no AAA. Even if the phone works the nearest AAA service might be fifty or 100 miles away. at night gas stops can be a 100 miles or more apart. If thats all your carrying you better stay close to home or close to an interstate. I have insurance that will get me and my bike home even if I'm in somewhere like Mexico or Argentina but I consider that as a last resort.

You can't fix much with just a standard tool kit. The only problem I ever had on the road was electrical for which the standard tool kit was near completely useless.