View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
burkbuilds

Re: getting new bike, 3 to decide on. hmmmmm

Since Easy Rider brought it up, I think it would be worth your time to check out the Vulcan 500. You can pick up a brand new 09 for less than the Harley and it's the last year that they are going to make it. I've found mine to be very nice so far, about 3400 miles this Summer. 60 mpg average and if you want to go, I've read that it's as fast 0-60 as any cruiser out there under 900 cc's. Top speed is over 100 (personal experience) and she was handling well even at that speed. I've made several trips between Chattanooga and Atlanta (120 miles or so) and she can run 80-85 in traffic without any problems. It's still a light enough bike that it is easy to handle, fairly close to the GZ, a little less close cornering ability in the parking lot though.
Having said all that, if you've actually ridden the Harley and not just sat on it in the parking lot, and you are happy with how it feels to you and how it handles and rides and you like it better than anything else you've ridden then get the Harley (I can't believe I said that?).

Login or Register to Remove Ads