View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Re: getting new bike, 3 to decide on. hmmmmm

Upgrade time is it ? Hmmm, can't help much with any riding experience of the bikes mentioned. But I will tell you what I did prior to getting my Vstrom. Went looking and test sitting at the dealers. I was buying new but the same applies to used wherever you look. Made a short list which you have already done. Here is the good part. Just spent a whole bunch of time lurking on forums of your choosen bikes. Pay attention to maintenance issues and their costs, maintenance intervals, mods that seemingly have to be done to correct a factory wart, overall comfort, vibration of course and the amount of aftermarket stuff for the bike. Also how long the average owner keeps their bike and whether they regret buying it to begin with, and why. Everything you read and hear should be taken with a grain of salt of course. Some forums seem to attract groups of one-upmanship heros that have a better bike than anyone else. Don't believe it for a minute, all bikes are basically good and they are just waiting for the right rider to take them home. Forums are your best source of info, don't count on a salesman to be real truthful with any inquiries. Don't count on a private seller who is real vague on maintenance and any damage to a bike. Now I can sit back and wait for your next bike to appear.

Login or Register to Remove Ads