View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #14
dannylightning

Re: auto zone led kit, bright as hell.

[quote="burkbuilds"]Just to show how much brighter your lights are than mine I'll post a few of my pics, I'm not a very good photographer and I couldn't figure out how to keep my flash from going off so I just put my fingers in front of the flash as best I could , sorry, but by any standard, your's are at least 10 x's as bright as the ones I have. :??: But I do like being able to change the colors!

well i have a almost professional grade camera, longer shutter speed makes things in the dark show up better with out the flash. the shutter probably stayed open for aobut half a second compared the the quick little click you get with your ordinarry digital camera and due the the longer shutter time. it may have intensified the effect just a bit. but it does light up the ground and the walls when its in the garage. for example this is a photo i have taken with this camera with a long shutter speed. my iso was set at 100 my aperture was set around 30 and the shutter was open for 30 seconds or so. only thing photo shopped was the danny lightning photography and i adjusted the contrast a little bit. i see your iso was probably set around 800 when you took that photo, lots of noise in that pic, in other words grainy photo, check out the settings on your camera for night time. the shutter should stay open longer and the flash should not go off, but you need the camera to be perfectly still or it's going to blur. try one of the night settings, they might have a little symbol of a moon of fireworks and take a few pics and post them up.. that should give us a better idea of how those lights really look

this is what they look like in a low light situation with just a litlte bit of flash, that way you dont need a long shutter speed.

not really sure how yours look, the camera does no justice to things in the dark unless you have it on the right setting. as you can see this is a little grainy of a picture, my iso was set on auto and not at 100 where i usually keep it. but i just wanted to get a few quick shots. and not mess around with the camera to get the perfect shot..