View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #37
sharon_koontz

Re: LOWERING MY 2000 GZ250

I have taken bits of advice from several of the riders on this site and I am very pleased with the results. I took my tape measure to bike shops and found that the Kowasaki 125 had the same type of shocks but only 10.5 inches compared to my 12 in. ones. I am waiting for them to come in. We lowered the front slightly and will be able to do more after the shocks are installed. I got some sturdy boots with a bit more tread. I have also been lifting waits and that has been a really big help. Thanks dannylightning! I practiced swerving yesterday and was down to a cone at each parking space. This was a challenge because I'm not a big person but I put some muscle into it and it was actually fun. I really love this bike. I tried sitting on the Rebel but it seemed higher. The 125 was about the same height too so I figured I'd stick to my "beefy" 250. I'm taking the safety course this weekend and they told me I can bring my own bike. Good thing. Mine was scratched up when I got it and I've dumped it 3 times. They all looked new at the course. I couldn't bring myself to take padding out of the seat. I don't have much of "my own" so that's a last resort. I should be flat footed with my boots on once we install the shocks. I am much more confident about riding this bike. Thanks again to all of you for your suggestions. It has helped me so much! When I'm all done and able to ride safely I want to re-paint it. I'll take any ideas you folks have. Can I do this myself or should I have it done professionally?