View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
dannylightning

Re: my 01 suzuki volusia video and gz video's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
While we all would like a deep, throaty exhaust, I personally think yours is a little too loud, you can still hear it three blocks away and is still quite loud when in back of the camera, 180 degrees away from the mic. I don't know how everyone in the neighborhood isn't pissed at that sound when you speed away and think you're pretty obnoxious.
Maybe people in the neighborhood actually <gasp> don't mind the sound? Its not like he's tearing up the streets acting like an ass trying to piss people off.

--

Hey Danny .... how is it there is zero wind noise in that peg mounted video?

-and-

What is the title of that song in the gz neck mounted vid?
that song is called freedom machine and the recording artist is junior brown. he has some damn cool songs, that's the only one that really sounds like that. his stuff mostly country and blusy type stuff with some rock & roll / rockabilly influence. junior brown rocks, that guy can play the guitar like no other, look him up on youtube and see what he does with his custom made (get steel) guitar, you got to see this thing to under stand and once you see what he does im sure you'll think its amazing. i had a few of his songs that i downloaded and later found a few of his albums at the library, that was suprizing

as far as no wind noise goes the microphone is on top of the camera and not right on the front for the wind to blow directly in to so im sure that helps a little bit and i think the other factor that may have come in to play is that my leg might have been detouring alot of the wind away from the camera

well the only thing is the bike was kind of loud the second you gave it gas, i just packed my mufflers, i lined the inside of the muffler with a layer of muffler packing, it quieted it down nicely at idle and gave it this nice muscly, throaty drag car type tone, not too loud at idle but still pumps out some volume when i get on it. doesn't sound so poppy now.

this is what it sound like now, trying to decide if i like the sound better now or how it was before i packed the muffler..

[youtube:2mu12faw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5u285ufOaw[/youtube:2mu12faw]