View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #26
dannylightning

Re: Yamaha v-Star 650 Silverado edition

well dave, you find one bike that works best for you. dont say things such as cruisers are not for serious riders, come on those are some words you should eat cus that is your opinion. and when you say (cruisers look cool and sound cool but don't do any thing) you should really add a FOR ME to the end of that sentence.

feel free to state your opinions but don't do it in such a way that's gonna get every one else worked up or offend people.

i have a 800cc cruiser, it looks cool and it sounds cool but does it have power, yes it does. when i get on it and look in my rear view the guy behind me is in the dust and it will do 100mph easy, i cant see any reason i would need any more power than my 800 has. sure it would be fun to have a sports type bike but excessive speed is not a necessity nor in my opinion is it safe and me personally, i don't like going fast most of the time, i like to cruse around and enjoy the ride

one problem i have notices with sport bikes is that they all have a seat height that i consider to be too high. plus i find them to be extremely uncomfortable. a lot of people also do stupid things on them and end up in bad shape from it. like the guy that came up next to me on his crotch rocket looked over at me on my bike and sped away on one wheel while looking back at me to see if i was paying attention to how cool he thought he was while i just shook my head and thought what a idiot.

however i have no problem with any one who wants to ride that type of bike, im sure they can be quite fun and i understand not every one who owns one acts like the idiot i ran across yesterday. do i think sport bikes are cool, no not at all but that is my opinion but im not gonna tell any one that there crap or make fun of them for riding one unless they act like a idiot on the thing.

it's fine if you like sport bikes better but please don't set here and try to say cruisers are crap especially when most of us ride one, that is basically what you just did, it is disrespectful and its not appreciated.