View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #42
burkbuilds

Re: Yamaha v-Star 650 Silverado edition

Different bikes for different purposes and for different people. I happen to find that the "cruiser" style comes closest to fitting my riding needs, my style preferences and my somewhat ailing body. If I were 20 something again and wanted to ride a bike that could handle better under high speed and I wanted to go really fast, I'd probably pick a sport bike, if I wanted to tour the country I'd probably get a Gold Wing. I don't think anybody was intentionally trying to insult anyone else or their choice of a ride in these posts, people were just trying to state what they found best or worst about different types of bikes for them and that's a good thing, that's what we want is for someone to say, "I had this type of bike and I liked (or didn't like) this aspect of it compared to this other type of bike". That doesn't mean everybody is gonna find that true for them. WW's wife rode a GZ most of the way across Canada and , if I understood correctly, didn't find the seat to be an issue for her comfort. How many of us do you think that would be true of, not many, but it was true for her. Same thing with a sport bike, some of us might find them to be more comfortable and significantly better handling than a cruiser is, but they aren't more comfortable for my old body and therefore probably wouldn't handle better for me because I can't fit and move the way I'd need to to make them handle the way they are capable with someone else. As for style and looks preference, well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I ran into a young man on campus the other day riding a brand new Ninja Sport bike and I think his words were "this is my dream bike!", well, not mine, I think my dream bike would probably look like a cruiser not a sport bike but that's just me and my friend Max, well, his "dream bike" was this huge Honda Goldwing that he rode from Tennessee to Nova Scotia after he retired, somebody else is thinking "Harley Davidson" none of that means anybody is calling someone else's ride a piece of crap.