View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #33
Water Warrior 2

Re: Well I just failed my MFC lol

We had 6 students in the class and 1 instructor. A very good ratio that allows plenty of time per student if extra coaching is needed. Also less chance of a stray duck while out on the street. We were taught how to ride in a group safely and properly which shows up frequently when another bike catches you on the road and slots in properly in a safe position. I try to always do the same when catching a rider ahead of me. I do not know if all course available are as long and as complete but any training is far better than none.
I have gone on a few group rides but much prefer riding with only 1 or 2 other bikes. I did go on with a group of 6 Vstrom riders and one Gal in particular was an absolute pleasure to follow. She had some real street smarts and never left you guessing about her next move.
When Lynda and I ride we have a great time primarily because we adhere to the same training and we also have radios to keep in touch. We have only had the radios for this season but there is a far smaller stress level when in traffic and we can comment or warn about a potential bad situation.

Login or Register to Remove Ads