View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
Orpheus

Re: hard bags on ebay

Water Warrior:
I've got the Suzuki soft bags; I've had them for about two years now, and I'm really not too impressed with them. I just figured that as much camping/day-tripping as I do, the hard bags would be a little more durable and just look cooler in general (I've also put on driver and passenger floorboards and I'm putting on an engine guard as soon as I buy one). I'm basically beefing it up like it's a fully-dressed cruiser.

Dubwise:
I think these are pretty much the same dimensions as the ones you got, but a little longer and deeper (they're 19 3/8" long x 11" high x 7 1/2" wide, including the chrome); the height is still the same, though. How flimsy are these things? Would they be sturdy enough to hold camping supplies (clothes, food, and maybe a flashlight and survival kit) and maybe have a tent or sleeping bag bungeed to them? I have the Suzuki luggage rack, which is where I usually store most of the big stuff, but I'd like to be able to fit some of my supplies in there, as well as be able to use them to take my books/laptop, etc. to work.