View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Re: GZ 250 or TU 250?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I had a Slipstreamer SS28 and it worked great from the day I put in on, never had to adjust it, covered my grips, and I was quite happy with it. No buffeting on the head or from underneath, probably due to the shape and not being flat like other designs. No sailing in the wind either, It's 15" tall which would be perfect for Gidget.
Not like the shield on my S50, an 18 or 19" tall Memphis Shades Malibu, which I had to adjust the rake on more than once, then got lowers and adjusted them 3 times and still get a blast from underneath up into my neck. I would highly recommend that SS28 windshield to anyone. I bought it through my local Suzuki dealer for somewhere around $150 and avoided shipping charges that way. If that would fit on the TU, and I can't see why not, that's what I would get. It's also a 4-point mount so it's very steady on the bike.

I like that shield. Does it provide a lot of hand protection in rain and cooler temps ? Also looks a lot better than I thought it would when I originally considered one for Lynda's bike way back when.