Thread: Fuses
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
thedum

Re: Fuses

They've looked it over at the dealer more than once and said the problem was now fixed....i'm no mechanic for sure. Honestly, I don't want to mess with any of the wiring in the motorcycle. I definately don't want the dealer saying it's my fault because I tried to fix it or had an un-qualified mechanic...it would be easy for them to blame it my way. I've contacted the BBB over it...but, the company does not participate with the BBB. As far as riding it in the rain..... I try to avoid that. I have very few times when i'm on my way home from a short ride. The bike is garaged and when it was outside on visits/trips it would be under a motorcycle tarp. I haven't attempted to ride or start the motorcycle since I had to get it towed after it blew 4 fuses on a 35 mile ride. So....it's been stuck in the garage since November. The thing that makes me mad is I bought this as a gas saver for driving to college....i'm stuck with the payments + 8.5% interest. The dealer won't even fix the problem they said they fixed after three visits (when in warranty) and after I called like a month after it expired they would only fix it with a $75/hr labor charge. I was considering buying a new Suzuki RMZ450 from the same dealer......now? Of course not! lol
I've had nine+ fuses blow out in random times on major Missouri highways. Yes, they happened random times even after the dealer "fixed it". I love the motorcycle...It looks good and rides nice....amazing on gas. I just don't feel safe riding it anymore and would not feel safe even if the dealer says they fix it. I feel even if I take it into the dealer at $75/hr it's not really going to be fixed. Would I be in trouble if I had the GZ fixed....and sold the motorcycle...then it still blew fuses randomly? Would it be reasonable to ask the dealer for bluebook value on the motorcycle? (I'm taking a $1,500+ loss that way ---and they still can sell it and make profit after fixing) The motorcycle looks new....it's an '08 model.