Thread: Fuses
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #17
dhgeyer

Re: Fuses

I had a similar, frustrating experience with a Suzuki GS500E. It had a lot of problems, but that was the killer. I bought it used with very low miles from a dealer in Manchester, NH that specialized in used bikes. I can't fault their attitude. Every time I brought it in, they tried to find the problem. As far as I or the dealership could determine, the GS500E only has one fuse - the main one. That made the problem very difficult to find. They kept tracing and looking for problems, but with an intermittent electrical problem, it can be very tough to find. I eventually gave up. I decided that the dealership would never really find the problem, and I didn't feel safe on the bike. The dealership took it back in trade on a Ninja 500 (better bike anyway), and gave me most of my money back. I don't know if they sold it again after that, but I hope they didn't.

So that's my discouraging story. You may find it, and you may never find it, with or without the dealer's help.

I wonder if your state's "Lemon Law" applies to bikes. Might be worth an inquiry. In NH it does. I also would pursue the other legal avenues suggested above. I'm no lawyer, but I think that once a problem has been identified within the warranty period, it should be covered no matter how long it takes.