View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob
In my opinion messing with the air flow on this bike is waisting time and money.

If someone wants a bike that goes faster It would have been better to buy one that goes faster.
We'll see. It would be better to have real information based on experience, than to just say "We'll, I have never ridden a GZ with a different intake set-up and jetted carbs, but I don't think it's worth it."

It may turn out that you are right. However, no one has done it, so I want to know. If I am wrong, I'll probably be the first to mention it.

Also, have you ever ridden a bike with a 16T front sprocket? If so, you'd know that, while the gearing is perfect for just about any other type of riding, top speed is limited to 65-70MPH. Opening up even a small amount of juice on the top end, which is what you get from a free-flowing intake, should result in a small increase in top speed. (interstate/open road riding)

Also, when you say "time and money" I know you don't mean a few hours and $30 at max. Anyone who is serious about getting the work done doesn't need to spend much more than that.

Login or Register to Remove Ads