View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #33
mole2

Re: Couplea Questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakercat
Thanks for all the responses- I obviously have a lot of learning to do (for example, I had filled up my tank with 91 octane right before posting this- thinking, as mrlmd1 wisely stated, that we tend to think that if something's good, more of that thing must necessarily be better. Whoops. Lesson learned.

The stuff I got from cycle shop dude was Star Tron. I didn't see it mentioned here. Anyone ever hear of it/have experience with it? Reading up on it now, it supposedly is an enzyme treatment, which supposedly "cures ethanol fuel problems/increases power/improves fuel economy." The web site (http://mystarbrite.com/startron/) it looks an awful lot like a paid advertisement running at 0300. Unless I hear convincing evidence to the contrary, I'm not real keen on putting it in my bike anymore.

Did my first good washing and waxing today- even though it was friggin cold and my hands are chapped and raw, it felt great to look at my shiny bike, just begging to be ridden! Hey-is there any way to de-blue the tops of the exhaust pipes?

Star Tron is used in the marine world for problems with ethanol. That being said I've used Stabil in all the boats I've owned, in the motorcycle, in my lawn mower, my lawn tractor, my weed eater, my chain saw, my generator and every piece of power equipment I own except my car and truck. You never know when something may sit idle for various reasons. I add carb/FI cleaner at the beginning of the season, mid season and at the end of the season also to keep things clean. It doesn't hurt and it doesn't cost much. I've been doing it for as far back as I remember.

:biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads