View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #21
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbob
[I don't want to ride anywhere that I need to maintain 70 mph. I would not mind being able to go that fast easily just don't want to.
IMHO, you are a perfect candidate for the 16T. The above is all you lose and I think you gain a lot. Since you already have experience "cruising" in 4th, it should work even better.
I figure if I HAVE to get somewhere in a hurry, such that I NEED to use the Interstates, I will be in my car and not on the bike.

While your information on chain/sprocket wear is correct, you should be able to do a hundred miles or so with the 16T for a test and still go back to 15 with no ill effects.
I don't have but one interstate unless I'm leaving town and then I have to ride for at least two hours to find another one. Unless I get pressed for time such as a log trip where I need to get there before dark or to beat the afternoon heat and thunder storms I just take my time. On the way to work the highest speed limit is 45 mph.

I figured I could try it and if I didn't like it switch right away with out any problems. However, I will not rally know for sure until I get to go back up to the hill country again. I suspect that riding in fourth gear will take care of any issues I have with the 16T sprocket. I'll have one of each in the garage so making a comparison should be real easy.

Login or Register to Remove Ads