View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
oneyunguy

Think my time with my GZ is sadly over . . . what now?

Well, after a few years with my lil' thumper, I think it's time to move on. I've grown quite close to my red 250 , even taking the whole engine apart after one of the screws holding the magneto came loose and jammed in between the engine and the magneto. Thankfully I was stopped at a light. That rebuild came with new oversized piston, honed cylinder head, new rings, all new gaskets.

I love the comments when I park outside the "blue collar" bar beside the Har*@#*'s and no-one can believe it's a 250 just by looking at it. I think when they hear the bike, it's a different story though.

This bike is truly a great beginner bike, one cannot lose. I was so disheartened the day I sold my 92 Yammy Virago 920 with roughly 5,000Km's. Then I moved to the city and well didn't ride or own anything for a long time. Then I got the idea to get a small city bike and there was nothing but the Suzuki GZ in my mind. I purchased mine from an MSF provider. They showed and gave me all the receipts and work records done for the bikes life.

But now I must move on. I do not want to sink any more money into it and am now desiring the feel, speed and happiness of a bigger bike. I am thinking the Suzuki S50.

Mike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads