View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
dhgeyer

Re: Tag-o-rama Missed Connections!

Well, I'm going to stop kicking myself now. The tag, as originally set up didn't turn out to be impossible after all, although it was a serious challenge. Apart from that, at least three of you got in some good riding, and turned up some very interesting material. Jerry, you get 1 million "Whose Line Is It Anyway" (WLIIA) points for tagging graves of two people born before 1800, and BB, you get 750,000 WLIIA points for all the interesting photos and associated history. If we ever meet someday, I'll tell you my authentic Civil War story, which is too long for here, but interesting oral history.

For those of you who may have missed the TV show "Whose Line Is It Anyway", my condolences, because it was a great show (the American version anyway). The point of the points was that they were totally pointless, useless, and without any known redeeming value whatsoever. It was a running joke on the show. Every time Drew Carey randomly and capriciously gave out points, he found a new and witty comparison for just how meaningless they were.

I must say I'm impressed with this group. We seem to be going the distance for this very cool "game", and not just sitting around yakking. I'll bet it's going to get to be more fun and interesting as time goes on, weather warms up, and more people get riding. Patrick, thank you for introducing this activity to us.

Login or Register to Remove Ads