Thread: grip heaters
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Hi Badbob, your wife will love having warmer hands. The grip heaters are about $27 and add in a few bucks for a relay and assorted bits. Also get an inline fuse for the main power through the relay. The main power goes from the battery to the fuse, through the relay and to the switch. I choose the toggle switch as it is easier to operate with gloves on rather than having the flatter rocker switch. Symtec gives you that option when ordering. I might add that when doing the install wrap the left side bar with some tape first. Some riders on the other forum use aluminun tape to reflect the heat away from the bar towards the hand. The bare bar acts like a heat sink. The throttle side has the plastic shield to prevent the heat sink effect.

I would love to find some kind of handguards for the 250 but don't want to get something too off road oriented and unpleasing to the eye. Handguards and grip heaters have made a big difference on the VStrom. VStrom handguards will not fit so the aftermarket is it. Any ideas ??

As for a digital camera, yes I have one but have an aversion to newer technology and I hate learning to deal with things that seem to have a mind of their own. I did have some film put on a disc but this silly computer will not recognize the disc. So much for technology.................... After putting grip heaters on your wife's bike you will want them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads