View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Victoria

I'm growing some---

Hi all this is my first post. Its been 6 months since I got my "M" on my license. Yesterday, I put my gear on and for the first time took my bike (2007 gz250) out for a 20 minute ride. I was nervous but determined and very careful. I just kept to the side roads and worked on my skills. I think i am content to do this for a while until I have mastered all the skills. Those that don't know I am is direct violation of my in-laws who live next door. They are completely against their 41 year old daughter-in-law riding a motorcycle and are vocal about it. I am still in the process of "growing my balls" and I took off on my bike when I knew they weren't home, although I didn't know when they were getting back so I think that may be a bit "ballsy" on my end. Its just a matter of time until they catch me and I just need to let them know its none of their business--very hard for me since I have always been the type to want to make others happy and not be confrontational. This just may be healthy for me.
As for my husband he was surprisingly "OK". I called him before i left and he just said," please be careful". He still wants me to sell the bike and get something "smaller". like a 50cc moped---NO WAY!
I am hoping to get out again today or tomorrow.

Login or Register to Remove Ads