View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #43
diffluere

Re: Motorcycle Fatalities Down in 2009

I am pretty sure it says I'm a female under my avatar, and under danny's and easy's it says male. Maybe we should just change all of our avatars to pics of ourselves instead of our bikes =P

Here's my helmet debate contribution:

I don't know how people ride without one. The wind noise irritates me, and for speeds over about 30mph I close the visor. I kinda want a skid-lid for summer so my head doesn't get so hot, but damn its SO LOUD! And then people ride around with no helmets and extremely loud pipes! I like my hearing. The benefits, TO ME, outweigh the risk that I MIGHT hit something that MIGHT cause a helmet to break my neck. Without a helmet I'm going to be pissed off about the noise and the wind in my face, so I'm probably more likely to crash!

I don't, however, think the government needs to tell people what to do. The only thing it really does is piss people off and give cops another reason to give out tickets and earn more money for the government!

Login or Register to Remove Ads