View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
music man

Re: Backpack Recommendations??

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet monroe
I know they are more expensive than a backpack, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. You don't have to remember to grab anything, saddlebags look better than wearing a backpack does, and they are much safer, IMO.
Actually for a good backpack that is big enough and comfortable enough for long riding trips, you might actually get a decent set of saddlebags for around the same price. I have an awesome pack I got from a military surplus store, it is so comfortable a lot of people use them for running, it also has the hydration bladder with it (that I have never used), but the drawback to it is, it doesn't have a huge amount of space, but you can't comfortably carry a whole lot in one no matter how big it is or how much it cost.

I like it for in town use, because I can take all my stuff with me easily and quickly when I get off my bike. And I agree with you that Saddlebags are safer overall, because that is just one less thing you have to think about when you are riding.