View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #66
burkbuilds

Re: Motorcycle Fatalities Down in 2009

When I was a kid in the early 70's the girl next door jumped on the back of another neighbors bike and took off down the street wearing flip flops, cut off blue jeans and a halter top. They went over the hill and laid it down right behind the asphalt paving machine that was paving our street. They were covered in asphalt, and apparently in shock, they actually pushed the bike back up the hill to where we were playing in our front yard. My mom came out and begin spraying water from the hose on them until the asphalt started falling off them taking big hunks of their skin with it. She stopped and called an ambulance, and I can still hear LeAnn begging me not to tell her mom she was on a motorcycle. (Don't worry LeAnn, she'll never figure it out). Prior to that day she was a very beautiful girl, since then she has been scared for life. I'm not sure what protection would have done against 2000 degree asphalt, but I bet she would have been hurt a lot less if she had been wearing almost anything more than she had on. By the way, Mike, the guy, didn't even have the flip flops or any shirt on, just cut off jeans and he was also covered in asphalt. Neither of them had helmets on either. It was truly horrible.