View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #22
matt_giz

Re: White wall tires for the gz 250?

Ok guys, thanks for you help. I've been doing some digging around, called a few tyre fitters etc, and at last I may have found a solution. See below.

For the front:

Avon Gangster AM9 MT90-16 74H (110/90-16) White Wall Tyre

and for the rear:

Continental Milestone CM2 130/90-15 M/C 66P White Wall Tyre OR the D404 From Dunlop.

My issue of course is that they are different brands of tyre, in an ideal world I'd buy them as a pair but this, boys and girls just isn't possible. If you want a set of white walls for your GZ you have to buy the front in one brand and the rear in another. This however generally isn't recommended by tyre fitters.

Also, the rear tyre fitted to the bike in the pictures above is infact an Avon Venom - However it looks slightly wider than a 130/90-15. I checked this out and Avon did used to sell a 140/90-15 apparently or one close anyway, I can't remember which one exactly now but it was damn close! Provided you don't go too wide, you should still be able to fit a wider tyre on the rear. Haven't looked in to slightly wider whitewalls yet, but I will and get back to you.