View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #20
diffluere

Re: 1-Yr Anniversary

Quote:
It's a all muggy over here. Sweat not evaporating... it just keeps on coming....
Yeah here in Florida 100 degrees usually has about 85% humidity. It is actually kind of hard to breathe. I've been to Arizona and your heat isn't anything like ours. It's still hot but it doesn't feel as crappy as Florida heat does. I like to joke that I'm actually an amphibian! If I could ride on nice long stretches without stopping, the heat wouldn't be so bad. However, on the way to school I go through about 15 stop lights. I don't have to stop at all of them, but for a good part of my journey I'm sitting still. By the time I get to school 15 minutes later I'm pretty sweaty.

According to the weather.com thing, its 89 here, feels like 100, and we have 65% humidity (it rained a few hours ago...yes, i rode home in the rain). Where ArizonaKev is its 104, feels like 101 (damn) and only 16% humidity. *shrug* Both sound like they suck, but i'd rather be in a convection oven than a sauna..=P

In all honesty it's the middle of summer and I live in a college town. I'd rather put on a bikini and drink a cold beer by the pool than put on jeans and boots and ride a motorcycle (most days). Sometimes I just need to get away from people and that's when I like to go on a nice long cruise.