View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
alanmcorcoran

Re: Selling the 2001 GZ to move up. NJ $1400

Trust me, if i was buying a car for myself, it wouldn't be a Honda Fit. Here's how it went down: In 1999 I bought a used 1998 Camry w/11K and loaned daughter number one my '92 Camry. She drove it from about 115K to 200K and shot a rod. Replace it with a '95 Camry that had about 60K. She put 140K on that one and, worried it would break down, I swapped my '98 Camry (now at about 70K) for her '95 Camry with the 200K on it. Daughter number one puts in an XM radio. Got a deal on a Chrysler 300 Sport Model with about 60K for $5000 and gave daughter number one the Chrysler and gave daughter number two the '98 Camry (now at about 110K and still with the XM radio.) Somone broke into the '95 Camry, fucked up the window and stole the non-xm-piece-of-shit radio. So, now I am driving a '95 Camry with no radio, no shocks, one boarded up window and one dead window and 210,000 miles. But it still runs. Wife would rather drive the 98 Camry, mainly because it has a radio in it. Daughter number two graduates from college in three years, most of which was on scholarship, and is accepted to grad school. I buy daughter number two the Fit, trade the '95 piece of shit Camry in on it and get my wife back.... the '98 Camry!

PS. About two months after I bought the Chrysler for daughter number one, she sold it, for $5K and bought a new Ranger truck.