View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
dentheman

Re: Looking to buy my first bike - 2006 GZ250 PICS!!

5700 miles and $2000. A very clean looking bike, but I would also make sure any bike I had for sale was clean. I don't see any dents like the bike was dropped, that is good. Windshield, saddlebag brackets, studded seats and you said saddlebags, nice extras. I would like to take it around the block a couple times, then if happy, I would think about it! If it has original tires, they are due to be changed due to age. I would him-haw around about the tires being old (if they are) to knock $150 off the price. If I bought it, the first thing I would do is check the engine valve adjustments.

I am 5' 11", 230 lbs, and just rode a GZ at the motorcycle course. I think it fit me fine.

OK, I just looked at the photos again, if it really looks that good I would jump on it! The only thing that has me a bit concerned is that those look like the original pattern tires, but I see no wear??? Even the front brake rotor looks like it has never been used. Are you sure the photo is not of the bike when it was new, but after the insignias have been removed? (It is a beauty, though).

My final thought: If the guy added farkles to make the bike look that good, and took care of it to look that good, he probably took good care of it mechanically as well, but you never know..

Login or Register to Remove Ads