View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #24
alanmcorcoran

Re: working on my Bobber project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventigers
That said - INSERT DISCLAIMER HERE - DO NOT modify your bike from stock condition at any time or you always risk getting yer body broke up bad. Experimenting with golf industry parts for exhaust, house vents for air cleaner housing and bicycle handlebars is not normal. Neither is Rob Dyrdek, Ricky Carmichael, Ken Block or other hot rodders. These mods are untested and experimental and can result in headaches, swollen membranes, disease & ichy red bumps. Oh, and death.
I am a professional on a closed circuit track with safety airbags and emergency medical nurses riding shotgun in their stockings and high heels.
I'd never "bob" my bike, but yours looks more interesting than most I've seen on here. I don't know shit about the relative safety of bicycle vs motorcycle bars, of course, and if I had to pick an opinion, I'd probably take Sarris's. That being said, I agree with your attitude - riding motorcycles is fun AND dangerous.

There's a lot of divides on here (ATTGATT, modders, helmets, re-jetters, etc.) but I hope you'll keep posting even if we give you a lot of shit about your passion. (It DOES look pretty cool!)

Can you hook me up with those nurses?